Hardware & Networking Course
Following details will be covered under this : N+ , CCNA , CCNP
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills.
Operation of IP Data Networks
- Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs.
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification. Identify common applications and their impact on the network
- Identify the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect Cisco network devices to other network devices and hosts in a LAN.
LAN Switching Technologies
- Determine the technology and media access control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Cisco IOS commands to perform basic switch setup
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and ssh.
- Configure and verify VLANs , Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switches
IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6)
- Describe the operation and necessity of using private and public IP addresses for IPv4 addressing. Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual stack Describe IPv6 addresses.
- Identify different WAN Technologies Metro Ethernet , VSAT , Cellular 3G / 4G , MPLS , T1 / E1 , ISDN , DSL , Frame relay , Cable ,VPN , Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection
- Configure and verify a PPP connection between Cisco routers , Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco.
- Troubleshoot and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve VLAN problems
- Identify that VLANs are configured , port membership correct , IP address configured, Troubleshoot and Resolve trunking problems on Cisco switches